Success is everybody’s dream although not everyone’s experience. Success like everything else should be planned; the beginning of that plan should be the elimination of the enemies that obstruct you from reaching your desired goals in life. Below are the 7 greatest enemies of success:
2. Preparation with very little action
3. Negative attitude
4. No people abilities
5. Poor financial talents
6. Blaming others.
7. Not recognizing opportunities
I imagine nearly everyone has procrastinated at one time or more. Actually for me it has always been a bothering problem to overcome. It is easy for me to just wait till tomorrow. I have had to persuade myself on many occasions to commence and complete the task in hand.
There are six common causes of procrastination:
1. Thinking to long about starting: This could have very negative results.”To think too long about doing a thing frequently becomes its undoing.” Eva Young. Many things in life have a limited window of opportunity, and if action is delayed too long, time will choose for us and the window of opportunity will be closed.
2. Indecision: Not having the ability to make one’s mind up. The power to make quick and accurate choices is a mark of becoming successful and indecision is a mark of failure.
3. Fear of failure: Some nervousness is normal in starting any undertaking. It can essentially complement what we do, if it creates a robust intensive incentive to apply 100% to the project to avoid failure.
4. Fear of success: The thought of not being able to deal with all of the responsibilities that come with success can be threatening and could cause a person to need to put it off until they think they are better able to cope with it. The best thing is to wade right on in and adjust as required.
5. Not desiring to start at this time: If I can only wait and start tomorrow: ”. Any person can do any amount of work, provided it’s not the work he is meant to be doing at that moment.” — Robert Benchley, in Chips off the Old Benchley, 1949
6. Lack of talents or data: The idea of waiting till the talents and data is gained appears to appear sensible and also reduce the possibility of failure. However , the better approach is to apply the data and talents as you learn them as you continue to chase your goals.
The answer to the above is an understanding that others could care less about what you do, success or failure; they’re too wound up in their own issues and pursuits to pay much attention to yours. So don’t be concerned about what others think; just tell yourself you can and if required learn as you go.
Preparation with very little action
I’ve known of those that became professional scholars and never got to where they felt that they were prepared enough to become successful. One of the best keys to success is the ability to do something. When a new skill is learned or new knowledge is gained, put it into action instantly.
One of the most significant decisions we make concerning our success is the attitude we choose. It is vital to know that perspective is a case of choice. When you think about the contrast between a negative perspective and a positive one, it might be loony to pick the negative. A negative disposition leads to failure, disappointment, bad relationships, health Problems, and Problems at home and work. Negative attitude produces stress and stress is considered to be a major cause of heart disease, cancer and death. What sane person knowing the result of a negative attitude would intentionally choose it over a positive attitude. A sustained negative approach will kill you as dead as a mackerel.
Approach is one thing we can’t blame on anyone but ourselves. It does not come as a result of outside occurrences; it comes from inside us. When you begin to understand the power of that statement it can change your entire life and spin it round for the good. The secret to approach is how we respond to experiences outside ourselves and not letting them create our approach.
At the day’s close, look back and. Evaluate the experience you had that day and determine how you responded, whether in a negative way, or a good fashion. Then for the times you answered in a negative fashion, figure out how you may have changed it and made it positive as an alternative. It does take time and practice to convert a bad approach to a positive one, but you have got the power within to do it, and the results are going to galvanize you to make the switch from negative to positive.
The rewards one receives for a positive approach are gigantic. Folks enjoy being with positive folks, buy from them, and be their mate. A positive disposition will lead directly to contentment and success.
No people skills
People abilities are a downright duty for success. Once in a while you’ll encounter business owners who have no people abilities, and you wonder how they may be able to remain in business. I am thinking about a lady who runs an RV park in Virginia who is so nasty that she literally runs clients off who swear never to return. I knew a man who ran a shoe store who sold major brand shoes at a reduction. I went in twenty four hours to buy a pair of shoes and he treated me so rude that I had to assert, Sir do you understand that I have purchased several pairs of shoes from you over time. Then he settled down and became a little better. I went to a lawn mower repair shop that also sold parts, and the owner was one or the rudest, most negative people I have ever seen. I never went back.
Being polite, knowing how to chat to others, treating them with respect are the fundamentals of people abilities. Not to understand them can only really be the results of gross ignorance.
Poor finance skills
It counts small how successful you could be making money if you do not understand how to manage it. Folk with very big incomes infrequently live from hand to mouth because they are so overextended and are hardly able to pay their bills. It is really not how much you earn that establishes your success, but how well you handle what you do earn. Read10 ways for mastering your financial affairs in 2012...
No one is to blame for you failure but you. Blaming others is a “Victim Mentality”. It’s the opinion that everything wrong in life is perhaps because somebody else caused it. The reality is you’re a failure, if you are , due to you. You are accountable for your life?no one else. If you happen to feel you’ve got to rely on others to make the decisions for you in life then expect a lot of bad stuff. Get up and be responsible. Make your own decisions; be different if necessary; stand alone if you have too. Take the bravery to live your own life. “Everybody dies though not everybody lives.” Drake
Not recognizing opportunities
Failing to realise an opportunity when it comes your way could be a prime cause of failure. Some see failure written all over every opportunity while other only see dollar signs.
3 things to go looking for to spot opportunities:
1. Observe changes: in trends, laws, etc. Changes regularly present opportunities for those with ardent insight that will identify changing wants. For instance a school boy back in 1931 when the gold standard was removed from backing the greenback, invested all the cash he had saved into gold coins and was a millionaire by the time he graduated high school because he knew with the change of law that gold would increase incredibly in price. Another example is Gerber baby foods; they realized the opportunity evolving with a trend; the baby boom after World War II was going to want a large amount of baby food, so they set up their business to offer it and made fortunes.
2. Prospect for opportunities: Stay abreast of new technology as it emerges and be one of the first to capitalize on it.
3. Observe what’s mainline in the business world: Keeping in step with what is in demand can lead to golden opportunities.
The 7 Greatest Enemies of Success are not complicated to handle and overcome when you understand them and have a backbone to get rid of them. Probably a lot of people who have a negative perspective, for example, do not understand what it is doing to them apropos their success and their well-being. Now that you do understand these things, it is time for you to make the change.
About the author: Jimmie Burroughs is a motivational speaker and author who has been involved in teaching Christian Personal Development for over 30 years. There could be over 600 articles to help on his website in your private growth. Be certain to take vantage of the FREE offer to get the PDF The 4 Pillars for Personal Development while available.